Swimming Pool – Choosing the best for you.
Swimming is by far one of the most popular ways to have fun or to cool off. It is an activity that combines exercise and spending time with the family in the sunny outside. When you decide to install a swimming pool, there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration.
Swimming Pool Type
The most common swimming pool types are the following:
- Concrete pool – Customizable Size and Shape, Durable
- Vinyl Liner pool – Affordable to install, Possible to customize the shape, size, and depth of the pool.
- Fiberglass pool – Low maintenance, Fiberglass pools are strong and durable, Compatibility with salt systems, resale value.
Who will use the pool?
Remember that a pool designed for children may look quite different from one designed as adult entertainment areas.
Plan to accommodate swimmers of all ages and to allow for multiple activities.
The shape of the pool that you choose.
Decide the type of pool that is best for your family and your budget.
- Family pools – A pool measuring 8 x 4m can be considered a family pool. Primarily recreational, angular, round or oval.
- Excellent for entertaining, exercising, a quiet relaxing dip or just general swimming and splashing.
- Lap Pools – They are longer and thinner than most family pools. A lap pool maybe 10 x 2.5 meters.
They are great to keep fit.
- Plunge pools – Plunge Pools are approximately smaller at typically 3 x 2 meters and popular for small gardens.
What special features do I want in my swimming pool?
To get the most enjoyment out of your pool, you can include water features and lighting.
You may also want to think about underwater benches, shallow beach-style entries, a swim-up bar, and areas to play water volleyball.
A safety pool cover will also provide a form of protection when the pool is unsupervised.
The design of your pool
Perfect Pools suggest choosing a shape and style that complements the architecture of your home and existing landscape.
The shape and size of your yard where the swimming pool will be situated will determine what the design and shape of your pool will look like.
The pool should not take up the whole of your backyard.
Call us on 072 054 4403